Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

loganj

Re-publication Removing image

I have a report that I update every morning with a new picture. My problem is that every time I try to publish it in the morning, everything shows up except for the image. In order for the image to show up in the app, I have to delete the report from the app and re-upload it. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @loganj,

You updated the image by changing the report in desktop and then re-publish it to service, right? Please be aware of that The app workspace is your staging area, so your changes aren't live in the app until you publish again. This lets you make changes without affecting the published apps. That is why the updated image cannot be shown in app.

Reference: Change your published app

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

I don't think the problem is lack of re-publishing, as I do make sure to republish it every time I update it. Everything else on the app works, it's just the images that aren't showing up. Has there been a bug with publishing images? I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @loganj,

What I mean is that re-publishing the app, not just re-publishing the desktop report to service. Different from data update, the changes for image is recognized as the changes for report format (which acts like changing the visuals in report), which cannot be reflected automatically in app. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

I really appreciate all your help. I just want to make sure I'm understanding you as I am still having problems with the image.

First, I make my change sto the report and publish them from Power BI desktop to the online service.

then, I follow the instructions you had above about updating the app inside the application

How can I republish the app all over again? What am I lacking here? Is the update what publishes it again, as I've done that, or is there another process that I am missing?

Again, thank you for responding.

loganj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.