Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AVZ
Frequent Visitor

Re-ordering the x-axis values

Knipsel.PNG

In the first Chart im trying to order it by ascending, starting with 0-1 ending with >5.

For the second chart I want to order days starting with monday ending with friday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AVZ,

This subject is explained in the Power BI documentation.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-change-how-a-chart-is-sorted/

Hope you find your answer here 🙂

Regards,

L.Meijdam

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dhaval0011

This bug still persists.

Ideally, it should function at least in simplest form, i.e. how data is provided it should plot it on chart.

In my table, WK 1 is first and WK 8 is last. In one line chart, it takes correct order from WK 1 to WK 8. But in another one, it starts with WK 7 and jumbles futher.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AVZ,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a big help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AVZ,

This subject is explained in the Power BI documentation.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-change-how-a-chart-is-sorted/

Hope you find your answer here 🙂

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing correct solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous @AVZ 

What if I don't want to use a numeric value or a text field for the sort order?  I have a requirement to sort by a process step, e.g. cut, paint, quality control, ship.  I will have a certain number of works orders in each step.  I want to show that on a bar chart.  The chart will immediately draw attention to any step where works orders are backlogged. 

Neither the number of orders in a step nor the alphabetic sort or of the step name is suitable for sorting the bar chart in the chronological sequence of process steps.

Hey @Anonymous 

In this case what you can do is, put the set of process in a table and order them by a key. Then in Power BI take this key as well as a field. Click on the column that you want ordered in graph -> go to modelling tab -> go to sort by column -> select the key column that you used in database for ordering. 

And you are done.

Let me know if the doubt exists.Untitled.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.