Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bayender1001

Re-arranging Column Headers (Dates) in Matrix Visual

Hi All,

I'm very new to PowerBI and this is probably a stupid question however I had a quick search of the forums and couldn't see a definitive answer to this (Only if you had a table with column names and a reverse index?). 

Is there anyway to re-order the column headers of a matrix visual? I have created one which displays a monthly breakdown however they're in the wrong order. E.g. it currently looks like:

April 2018 | December 2017 | February 2018 | January 2018 | March 2018

Obviously I want it to be in order beginning with the oldest first. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your column type and see if it is date. If not, change it to date then Power BI should be able to sort the column accordingly.

2018-04-16_10-11-54.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bayender1001

Hi All,

Apologies this is probably a stupid question but I'm very new to Power BI. I did have a quick search of the forums to no luck (Only a solution if you had a table with the columns in which you could reverse index?)

I have a matrix visual which displays a monthly breakdown however they aren't in the correct order. E.g. the table columns are currently as follows:

April 2018 | December 2017 | February 2018 | January 2018 | March 2018

Obviously I want them to be sorted with the oldest first. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your column type and see if it is date. If not, change it to date then Power BI should be able to sort the column accordingly.

2018-04-16_10-11-54.png

Perfect, thankyou! Knew there'd be an easy fix I was missing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.