Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mj29109
Frequent Visitor

Ratio between two tables

Hi

This is my first post and question, hope someone helps me to resolve my query.

I have two different tables, Table1 (Employee Separations) and Table2 (Headcount). I have imported both tables in Power BI desktop.

In excel I can simply divide the separations with headcount to find the Attrition rate, but here in power BI. I am unable to calculate these things. I want the following result mentioned in last highlighted column.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mj29109

You can create a Measure:

Attrition = Sum(Separations[Separations])/SUM(HeadCount[HeadCount])

And use it in a table visual 

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mj29109,

In case you had 2 tables (Headcount(Month,Headcount) & Separation(Month,Separation)):

• In Modeling, choose new table by expression:

Data = SUMMARIZE( NATURALINNERJOIN(Headcount,Separations),Headcount[Month],Headcount[Headcount],Separations[Separations])

• Create calculated column for attrition ( this could be achieved by calculated measure as well )

Attrition (%) = DIVIDE(Data[Separations],Data[Headcount])

Screenshot 2017-01-16 21.11.35.png

If this works for you please accept it as solution and also like to give KUDOS.

Best regards
Tri Nguyen

@mj29109

You can create a Measure:

Attrition = Sum(Separations[Separations])/SUM(HeadCount[HeadCount])

And use it in a table visual 

Lima - Peru

Thank you Vvelarde it worked for me... 🙂 i was just missing a single bracket to close the first argument....

This is the simple example what i want to do... first i want to calculate the table 1(Separations) Names, then table2(headcount) Names. once i get the result like 5 separations and 5 headcounts. then i would like to make a ratio of 5 / 5 = 1.

Untitled22.png

i am unable to sum because i am counting a areas, so can i use divide measue with count/CountA?

Also I would like to add on top of what @Vvelarde mentioned that there is relationship between botht those tables on a common field.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

There is only "month" is common in both tables. can i make a relationship with the help of months?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.