Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sphillips

Ratio between aggregates of related tables with date filter

Hello!

I've tried everything I can think of, so hoping someone can help.  

I have two main tables:  ACCOUNTS, INSPECTIONS  (one ACCOUNT, many INSPECTIONS - related by unique ID)

What I want in the end is the ratio between the number of accounts and number of inspections split by a ACCOUNTS.CITY field with the ability to modify by INSPECTION.DATE.    

My issue after building the visualization is that the number of ACCOUNTS (which should be fixed) also adjusts downward as I change the slicer for INSPECTION.DATE.   

I've tried to ALL, ALLEXCEPT and was able to get all the ACCOUNTS, but lost the ability to filter by CITY.   I tried to make a calculated table that is not joined but cannot get the CITY filter to work as they are now unrelated.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Best,

Shasta

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sphillips ,

Can you please post a dummy file? If you can't, please share some sample data and the expected results that will make us understand your requirement clearly. 

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was able to solve the issue by creating a calculated table based on the ACCOUNTS table and linking it the INSPECTIONS by way of the CITY only.  Thanks! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.