Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ratio Within Same Column (Across Multiple Categories)

I have a table that tracks a count of customers through our sales pipeline. Our sales pipeline is broken out into three different categories intake, appointment, and sale all grouped within a single column labeled Group. What I'm looking to accomplish is a way to create a conversion metric throughout the sales process. Specifically, I'm looking to create a metric that divides appointments by intake and another the divides sales by appointments (see below for screen of example data/table).

Capture.JPG

I was able to create a measure that can track one of the conversion percentage (DAX below).

=DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM([Daily COUNT]),[Group]="Appointment"),CALCULATE(SUM([Daily COUNT]),[Group]="Intake"))

However, I'm struggling to build out the logic within DAX to replicate this across all groups for their varying conversion (exclude intake). Is there a simple solution that I'm missing here that will allow me to, essentially, say if group=appointment then appointment count/intake count, if group=sale then sale count/appointment count, and if group=intake then blank() (like the table above)? Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi awilliams91,

Click query editor-> Add Column-> Index Column, after applied&closed, create a calculate column using DAX below:

Conversion = 
VAR previous_count = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Daily Count]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Index] = EARLIER(Table1[Index]) - 1))
RETURN
IF(Table1[Group] <> "intake", Table1[Daily Count] / previous_count, BLANK())

Capture.PNG 

You can also refer to the attachment.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi awilliams91,

Click query editor-> Add Column-> Index Column, after applied&closed, create a calculate column using DAX below:

Conversion = 
VAR previous_count = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Daily Count]), FILTER(Table1, Table1[Index] = EARLIER(Table1[Index]) - 1))
RETURN
IF(Table1[Group] <> "intake", Table1[Daily Count] / previous_count, BLANK())

Capture.PNG 

You can also refer to the attachment.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft This worked out perfectly. Thank you for the help here!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.