Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbiinterel
Frequent Visitor

Rankx gets recalculated

I am having a issue in power bi wrt to ranking. I have a performance measure which is a  percentage for each Sales Manager ( SM)Each SM belongs to a region. 

We have to create a ranking at overall level and at rank the region separately. 

I created two measures one at SM level and other at region level to calculate the same. Individually it works fine. 

When the SM views the rank, it gets recalculated instead of showing the actual ranking at the company level. 

For ex. Region America is at 2nd position and the SM's are at 1,15,16 rank. But when filter applies/ or when SM sees based on their roles it becomes region becomes 1 and the SM rank becomes 1, 2, 3. 

How to avoid thi s?

SM rank code

SMP Rank = RANKX(
FILTER(
ALL(Users),
Users[Abr]<>BLANK()
),
[NewQualityIndex],,desc,Dense)
Region code

SMP Rank region = RANKX(
FILTER(
ALL(Users[Region]),
Users[Region]<>BLANK()
),
[NewQualityIndex],,desc,Dense)
Inline image

when role level or filter is selected  the rank gets recalucated

Inline image

Please help it is urget
2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbiinterel ,

The picture you post  can’t be loaded so that I can’t create a sample for the scenario. I don’t known that what the column of Abr is and  the relationship of the data in the table. Can you please post the sample data and the expected result?  Then we can help you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Abr is the abbrevation for each user we have . It basically defines who are the SM from the list of users we have. We use this filter to filter by Sales Manager wise who in turn belong to a region.

In the picture> Americas has 4 SM ( and Abr is their short form)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.