Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kandre123
Advocate I
Advocate I

Ranking

Hi all,

I am trying to do a combined ranking based on two calculated measures: EBITDA margin and CAGR. where 1 is the combined highest score of both. Problem is that i can't use measures in a RANKX function or at least i do not know how to do it.

I'm also struggling with how to evaluate correctly who should be on top. Would a good idea be to make a calculated table,scoring each measure from highest to lowest, and them up and rank them from a virtual table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@kandre123 you RANK measure should be either use ALLSELECTED(DimSelskaper[Juridisk selskapsnavn]) because you are using column in the table or you should do ALLSELECTED( DimSelskaper )

RankX EBITDA Margin = 
RANKX(
ALLSELECTED(DimSelskaper[Juridisk selskapsnavn]),
CALCULATE([EBITDA Margin]),,
DESC,
Dense
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@kandre123 ,

Could you please share some sample data and give the expected result?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft 

this is how i'd like the data to show up. Attached is the pbix file

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cp8p5lwtrrct9pc/AAD5lgcQHhPlB-pySumiTEn1a?dl=0

Skjermbilde.PNG

@kandre123 you RANK measure should be either use ALLSELECTED(DimSelskaper[Juridisk selskapsnavn]) because you are using column in the table or you should do ALLSELECTED( DimSelskaper )

RankX EBITDA Margin = 
RANKX(
ALLSELECTED(DimSelskaper[Juridisk selskapsnavn]),
CALCULATE([EBITDA Margin]),,
DESC,
Dense
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

thanks. That worked out

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @kandre123 

I am not sure how you would want to combine both EBITDA and CAGR. Perhaps you can sum them up in RANKX's expression argument or you can create to separate ranking, sum those ranks and use the sum in another RANKX measure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Not sure if This can help. Create 2 rank columns and then either do a sum or Multiple these and use that column as you rank column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.