Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ceha
Frequent Visitor

Ranking starting from 4th place / Breaking ties in ranking

Hello.

Im trying to create a ranking, based on a column base_stats. The ranking is working, the problem is that i would like to visualize it from 4th place and when i type in filter to apply from greater than 3 it shows the ranking from place 1, even though i can see that the first showing item is really the 4th place ( but showing as place 1).

Top 3 places I want to show in separately cards, unfortunetly these places can have ties. I tried to break the tie according to column generation but with no luck. Can anyone care to explain how to deal with this problem? Thank You in advance 😊

Link for pbix file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUn0RNZdiI8LaEYP71oTqAN6YfrLdA59/view?usp=sharing 

3 REPLIES 3
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ceha 

Try to use IF statement to create a Ranking, something like this:

VahidDM_0-1632269681170.png

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos✌️!!

Ceha
Frequent Visitor

Thank You for Your time and help @VahidDM , Your code is working but its not the effect I'm looking for. It just blanks out the ranks 1-3 but the whole rows are still there, and I want to hide rows with places 1-3, start from place 4th and also when any filter is selected that it would dynamically rank the places within the filter.

Hi @Ceha 

Do you want to have a new table and exclude ranks 1-3? OR you want a rank column/measure to start from 4th but show that as of 1st?

If yes, try this code to add a column:

Rank = 
VAR _Rank =
    RANKX ( pokemon, CALCULATE ( SUM ( pokemon[base_total] ) ),, DESC, DENSE )
RETURN
    IF ( _Rank < 4, 0, _Rank - 3 )

Output:

VahidDM_0-1632347694850.png

If No, can you please create a sample of your result table here and add more details?

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos🙏!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.