Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ranking staff by different measures, then having overall rank.

Hello,

I have an issue which I cannot resolve.

I want to rank staff bi dfferent measures, one of the measures are located in a seperate table - they are not related and I have no idea how to relate them - therefore im using another table that combines them.

(Hunters fact table) - related in KPI table and Orders table (below) linked with ID's.

2.PNG

One of my measures are by tasks - Measure = RANKX(ALL('KPI'[HunterRelated]);[KPI-Task+];;DESC;Dense)
1.PNG

However when i try to rank by sales in orders table and putting the measure into the table all the values return as one. In a seperate table the ranking are like they hsould be.

Measure2 = RANKX(ALL(Orders[HunterRelated]);[Margin Real+];;DESC;Dense)

3.PNG

I think i know that the issue might be the RANKX(ALL(Orders[HunterRelated]);  and RANKX(ALL('KPI'[HunterRelated]); because they are in different tables. Is there a way how i could combine them and show them in the same table or just for the overal ranking eg. And my fact table is related into otehr tables and it only filters by it.

And for overall rank i just want to add the ranks together. (rank the rankings) (table below would be overall rank)
rank+rank
4.PNG

E.g.

Regards,

David.

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It's hard to help you without your sample table model, could you please share your .pbix file for further analysis?

Thanks,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

I have included the simplified .pbix, eveything thats related etc. And what i used in order to calculate my ranks.

So basically just to simplify I want to rank my people by tasks, and also by costs in that .pbix example.

Which i can do, however i want to combine those two ranks and show them as an overall RANK of those sepeate ranks.
Which would show me overall best/worst hunter.

Thank you for your help.

Here is the PBIX

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/3qosh6jV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.