Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

agraffeo21
Helper I
Helper I

Ranking Subjects

I have ranked my countries by top 5, but they are sorted alphabetically... I would like them to be sorted by their respective rank.

Same for Month -- the months are alphabetically ordered, but I would like them to be ordered chronologically. Would like some advice on this please.

Thanks

.job sentiment visual 2.png

4 REPLIES 4
jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Go to Modeling -> Sort By Column and pick the column you wish to sort by. Eg. Select the Country column, go to Modeling, Sort By Column, select Rank of countries by index.

This will require you making a numeric month column MonthNum = MONTH(Table[Month]) if you don't already have an equivalent.

Hope that helps!

@jahida thank you -- i think that is a start.

however the rankings are not static -- so if I change the date, the rank would also have to change. it does not sound like it would work if the column sorted them by month.

jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

To clarify, is your rank currently a measure or a column? If a measure, the only way I am aware of to sort the table properly is sorting the visual manually ie. clicking on the header of the column you want to sort by.

EDIT: What do you mean by "if the column sorted them by month"? Which column (or both..?) are you worried about the method I mentioned above not working for?

agraffeo21
Helper I
Helper I

I have ranked my countries by top 5, but they are sorted alphabetically... I would like them to be sorted by their respective rank.

Same for Month -- the months are alphabetically ordered, but I would like them to be ordered chronologically. Would like some advice on this please.

Thanks

.job sentiment visual 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.