Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chris_23
Helper II
Helper II

Rank over Project considering the defined date range

Hi,

I would like to display the ranking of a score (distance Kerstin to first place) over all competitors for a project and then rank them based on the value considering the date.

I have made a few attempts. None of them with success.

sample pbix: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsLM3f2rQCP34xz66vVhqHp5pDA5?e=udXGuN

I think the problem is that I calculate the measured value or the sum_No_1 over all projects, but not for the defined date range.

In principle, I would like to have a ranking only over the projects in the selected time window. Nov22: 1-27
Accordingly, only these projects would be shown in the matrix.

Chris_23_0-1673019076072.png

Any tips on what is wrong?

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I would like to display the ranking of a score (distance Kerstin to first place) over all competitors for a project and then rank them based on the value considering the date

No idea what you mean by that.  Can you show an example of the expected outcome?

Why is the Competition field hard coded with a rank?

At first I would like to achieve a ranking over the narrowed date range. There are 27 projects in the November 2022 time period: Ranking 1-27.

Chris_23_0-1673254056247.png

Based on this, I would like the matrix to show me only the projects with values 1 and 2.

However, if I set the filter to the visual, I get an empty matrix. It seems that the filter context does not take into account the narrowed date range and so, for example, the project with rank 1 for November 2022 gets rank 35 for the entire period.

Thanks

Chris

I think you will want to read this article.

Use of RANKX in Power BI measures - SQLBI

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.