Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hashtag_pete
Helper V
Helper V

Rank of open postings

Hello community, 

I am struggeling with the following request:

I have a matrix, which shows suppliers (which might have several creditor numbers) and their maturities, as shown in the picture below:

2021-09-17 09_18_00-Fristigkeiten - Power BI Desktop.png

now I want to have a ranking, that allows to shows dynamically just the top 10, 20, 5, whatever.

Is this even possible in a matrix?

The pixeled suppliers on the left can be expanded  to their various creditor numbers, so that values displayed are calculated as the sum of a creditor group name. The ranking should be according to this sum, and not on the individual creditor number. 

Thanks for your help

hashtag_pete

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hashtag_pete ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I had a similar issue a couple of months ago. I ended up NOT using a matrix, but a table, as the Ranking had to be based on only one level (like the supplier name in your situation)...

As for having a filter allowing you to display the top 5/10/X values, that would be a great addition my report too! Let's see if someone replies - now I'm invested in this post lol.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.