Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raharebecca
Frequent Visitor

Rank not staying static

Hi!

I have 8 regions that I want to rank based on a measure. When I have all the regions selected the rank is correct. However, when I filter for one region, then rank increases by one. I think maybe when I filter the regions it includes my "Blanks" but I don't know how to avoid this? Here is my current formula:

Rank = RANKX(ALLNOBLANKROW( 'Store List'[Region] ), [Loss],,ASC)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raharebecca 

If [Loss] is a measure and you want to ignore blank regions, you could create a measure as below

Measure = RANKX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[region]<>BLANK()),[loss],,ASC,Dense)

Capture12.JPG

Capture13.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raharebecca 

Is this problem sloved? 

If it is sloved, could you kindly accept it as a solution to close this case?

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards

Maggie

raharebecca
Frequent Visitor

Hi! I have 7 Regions and when I have all of them listed in a table they are ranked correctly. However, when I put in a region slicer and select one region, the rank increases by one. So my region ranked 7th, when selected in the slicer  shows a rank of 8 even though there are only 7 regions. I can't understand why it increases only when one is selected. I have tried a million different versions of formulas but the rank still always increases. Any insight would be much appreciated.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raharebecca 

If [Loss] is a measure and you want to ignore blank regions, you could create a measure as below

Measure = RANKX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[region]<>BLANK()),[loss],,ASC,Dense)

Capture12.JPG

Capture13.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.