Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rank multiple measures in a single graph

Hi, all!

I am struggling to find a way to rank different measures in a graph. 

I have these measures, each one with a different formula but all of them are percentile values.

matheus_silva_0-1602271470583.png

I am trying to order descending in a graph. So, for example, the bar chart below should be from top to bottom value: 0.66%, 0.26%, 0.20%, 0.05%, -0.01% and -0.08%. And, if possible, conditionally formatting them too: green for positive values and red for negative ones. 

matheus_silva_0-1602271589853.png

Is there any way to do this? 

Thanks,
Matheus

6 REPLIES 6
jairoaol
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

To give you the order of the measures is only to add them in the graph in the values section in the order in which you want them to appear.

For the color theme:

• When you have only one measure in the graph, you can set conditional formatting to apply colors as needed.
  • When you have multiple measures in the same graph, you can NOT apply conditional formatting to colors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying @jairoaol!

I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I don't want to do this everytime, it suppose to be dynamic. When the values change, the order also changes. 

And thanks for the info about the color theme! 

Regards. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could change the Y axis type to categorical to have a try. Then you could sort descending by one of measures.  Because there are many measure in your visual, please try the way to check if it can be a workaround.

v-xuding-msft_0-1602673462234.png

For contional formatting axis, unfortunately, it is not supported for now. There is a similar one. You could vote it up or you could submit a new one.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=299f0cbf-b628-48e5-833e-d4cc8dbc6718

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-xuding-msft!

First, thanks for replying. I tried this and unfortunately didn't work. I decided not to make this graph anymore. 

But I will vote it up and submit a new one, it may help me in the future. 

Thanks again and best regards!

Matheus

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you have submit a new idea, you could update the link here and accept your answer as solution. Others who need the requirement  will find the answer quickly and vote the idea up as well. Hope it can be implemented as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jairoaol
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

because graph only uses measurements, you can't sort it dynamically as you require.

you must have some category field to sort (text fields, for example) according to the measure applied.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.