Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

YasirBilal
Helper I
Helper I

Rank Column For my Value

Hello Everyone

idemployee idtask idemployee namecategorystatuspoints
1employee11name1category1complete100
2 employee23name2category1complete300
3 employee32name3category1complete500
4 employee12name1category1complete200
5 employee11name1category1complete100

this is example of dataset which i'm working on what i want to achive is i need to make a column for rank whoever have most points get rank 1 and so on 

i have 4 visual with different data of employee what i have to do is to find rank 1 employee and then filter all the visual base on that rank

what i'm trying to do is show the data of top employee of month and that rank based on his points whoever have most of points get rank 1

ID column is optional if needed i can remove

if someone can help me how to rank employee by points will be appreciate

Thank You

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@YasirBilal read this blog post on ranking and apply it to your model.

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@YasirBilal then you should rank based on the sum and use it as a measure, check this post how you can do that.

Check my latest blog post Improve UX: Show Year in Legend When Using Time Intelligence Measures | PeryTUS IT Solutions  I would ❤ Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@YasirBilal then you should rank based on the sum and use it as a measure, check this post how you can do that.

Sorry for late reply 

but problem is i need a column i don't need measure becasue with measure i'm not able to filter other of my visual that's show only data to rank 1 employee that's why i need column but with rankx issue is each row getting rank number and i have 1 employee with multiple points 

you think i need to create another sheet with total point of each employee then use rankx 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@YasirBilal read this blog post on ranking and apply it to your model.

thanks for reply but is there any way to add points of 1 employee and then use rankx 

means 1 employee have more than 1 task complete so when i filter rank 1 only show 1 task he complete but what i try to do is add all those task point and then that employee get rank 1 

employee 1    100

employee 1    200

employee 1    400

that's total 700 points here i want rank 1

with rankx i get rank with each row

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.