Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Random sample to select 2 rows per person

Hi everyone,

I've been Googling and reading to try and find a solution however struggling to piece examples I have found together to match my scenario. I'm hoping you brilliant people can offer advice.

I have a table containing closed support tickets. I have added a table visual to a page and it has been filtered on tickets closed the previous week using a slicer. From this data, I want to select individuals/ticket assignees (can be done via a slicer or any other suggestions) who closed a ticket last week and have Power BI present a random ticket. I need the ability to select the individual and multiple ones, not all individuals would get selected.

How might I go about this?

My table includes columns such as reference number, status, customer, raised user, start date, end date, title, support group, assignee

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I want to select individuals/ticket assignees (can be done via a slicer or any other suggestions) who closed a ticket last week and have Power BI present a random ticket. I need the ability to select the individual and multiple ones, not all individuals would get selected.

I still have a little confused about your scenario.

If it is convenient, could you share your data sample and your desired output so that I could understand your scenario better.

In addition, what do you mean of "have Power BI present a random ticket"?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft 

You can download sample data that resembles the type of information I'm working with here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvDRYI7zzwDhoE0qyYcG3GHxtX7x

In my sample data, I have 10 Assignees and each of them has closed/resolved 10 tickets each last week. 

I want the table visualisation on the Power BI dashboard to select at random one ticket for each of the selected Assignees in the slicer. In the saved Power BI file, I have selected two Assignees, I only want the table to show me one random ticket for each.

If there's a better way to do this other than a table, I'm happy for other suggestions too.

The idea is to have a random ticket selection to then conduct an internal audit/review.

Any help would be enormously appreciated as I'm not sure how I can go about this.

Thanks,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.