Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Random sample to select 2 rows per person

Hi everyone,

I've been Googling and reading to try and find a solution however struggling to piece examples I have found together to match my scenario. I'm hoping you brilliant people can offer advice.

I have a table containing closed support tickets. I have added a table visual to a page and it has been filtered on tickets closed the previous week using a slicer. From this data, I want to select individuals/ticket assignees (can be done via a slicer or any other suggestions) who closed a ticket last week and have Power BI present a random ticket. I need the ability to select the individual and multiple ones, not all individuals would get selected.

How might I go about this?

My table includes columns such as reference number, status, customer, raised user, start date, end date, title, support group, assignee

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I want to select individuals/ticket assignees (can be done via a slicer or any other suggestions) who closed a ticket last week and have Power BI present a random ticket. I need the ability to select the individual and multiple ones, not all individuals would get selected.

I still have a little confused about your scenario.

If it is convenient, could you share your data sample and your desired output so that I could understand your scenario better.

In addition, what do you mean of "have Power BI present a random ticket"?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft 

You can download sample data that resembles the type of information I'm working with here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvDRYI7zzwDhoE0qyYcG3GHxtX7x

In my sample data, I have 10 Assignees and each of them has closed/resolved 10 tickets each last week. 

I want the table visualisation on the Power BI dashboard to select at random one ticket for each of the selected Assignees in the slicer. In the saved Power BI file, I have selected two Assignees, I only want the table to show me one random ticket for each.

If there's a better way to do this other than a table, I'm happy for other suggestions too.

The idea is to have a random ticket selection to then conduct an internal audit/review.

Any help would be enormously appreciated as I'm not sure how I can go about this.

Thanks,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.