Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

reast
Helper II
Helper II

Random Review

Maybe this isn't possible with Power BI, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. We would like to have clients randomly selected for discussion in group supervision and then removed from the list until all clients had been discussed. I know how to use the random number generator to get a random list, but does anyone know how a client could be checked to indicate that s/he had been discussed? Right now, I'm generating the random list and copying it into Excel for the group to work through, but we are always getting new clients that should be added to the mix and other clients leaving that should be removed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @reast, if you build a PowerApp (easy to build), you can embed the app into your Power BI report.  This can provide a way for users of your reports to write data out to a place that you can pick up and use in other places.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @reast, if you build a PowerApp (easy to build), you can embed the app into your Power BI report.  This can provide a way for users of your reports to write data out to a place that you can pick up and use in other places.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you. I'd never used Power Apps and have been able to set up a Flow that Asks in Power Apps and adds rows to a dataset in Power BI API streaming data. I just can't seem to get the API data back into the Power BI desktop to remove the those clients already reviewed from the random review list. When I try to Get Data from Power BI Service, it says the connect live data option is not available because it already contains data from another source. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.