cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bestmbaman Member

Radial Gauge with dynamic Maximum value and Actual bigger than target

Hi,

I wanted to compare the Actuals and Target of my dataset so I used default Gauge visual on Power BI as the following:

BlanksGauge.jpg

Now there are follwoing problems:

1. The Maximum value  is double the Actual by default (PBI preference) which is not good forPicture 6 because my Target is lost which creats confusion, so how to choose a dynamic Maximum based on either Actual or Target which is bigger? (look at picture 4 where my target is bigger but in picture 1 the Actual is bigger value!)

2. in picture 2 when there is no data for Actual or Target or both the visual shows up as blank! how to avoid it?

3. why Picture 1 and 6 are deshaped and for a general user look like skewed? How I can avoid it to happen?

Many thanks in advance supporters and super users 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Radial Gauge with dynamic Maximum value and Actual bigger than target

Hi @bestmbaman ,

1. I'm afraid that we may not choose a dynamic Maximum based on either Actual or Target which is bigger for this visual by my tests. 

2. If you do not have values, it will show blank. What is your desired output?

3. I cannot reproduce your issue by my test with the latest version of power bi desktop.

Please check if you have installed the latest version of Power BI Desktop 2.69.5467.2151.

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

In addition, you may try other custom visuals which may meet your requirement.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bestmbaman Member

Re: Radial Gauge with dynamic Maximum value and Actual bigger than target

@v-piga-msftThanks foor the reply,

However I need to apply a condition so whenever the Actual is below the target the gauge colors change automatically so the user could see and react upon them! I found a way to define a dynamic Maximum but still struggling to find how to apply conditions on my gauges?!

Please reply @v-piga-msft 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 313 members 3,106 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: