Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielvt
Advocate I
Advocate I

Radial Gauge charts with two value fields?

Hi everybody,

I use the gauge chart to display the sales volume of our company which works fine.

I would like to add an additional value for the sales volume which is in our pipeline.

Is there a way to add an additional value within the chart? If not what would you recommend to use to display
the confirmed sales volume and the upcoming sales volume and the coal?

Best regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danielvt,

As mentioned before, we can only display one field value in a gauge visual, it's not supported to plot two fields values. Because we can only place one field in Value property:

q1.PNG

To work around the issue, you can create a calculated column to return total value of confirmed and upcoming sales volume, then place this field in Value property.

Or place upcoming sales volume in Tooltips property. When hovering on the visual, it will display upcoming value.

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LawncareMN
Regular Visitor

What measure did you create? I have a similar problem and would like to add 2 columns from 2 different data sets together.  (To work around the issue, you can create a calculated column to return total value of confirmed and upcoming sales volume, then place this field in Value property.)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielvt,

Firstly, I would suggest you take a look at this article about Radial Gauge visual: Tutorial: Radial Gauge charts in Power BI.

In your scenario, if you only place "the sales volume of our company" field in Value property, then you can place "the sales volume which is in our pipeline" in Target Value property, but you can not to place more one field in those two properties.

As you mentioned you want to display confirmed sales volume and the upcoming sales volume and the goal, I would like to know what's the relationship between those three fields? The goal is for total of confirmed sales volume and the upcoming sales or not? You can place confirmed sales volume in Value property and Goal in Target Value property. And upcoming sales in Tooltips Property.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

thanks for you reply.

I would like to show the users two different things:

- The gap between the confirmed sales volume and the goal

- The gab between the confirmed sales volume+upcoming sales volume and the goal

As first idea I have greated the gauge chart and an additional slicer for the filtering.

From my point of view it would be perfekt, if I could differ the confirmed and upcoming sales volume
if both are displayed like on the following mockup.

The blue part is the confirmed sales volume and the red one the upcoming.

Could you send me a picture where I can find the tooltips property which you mentioned?

Best regards,
Daniel

confirmed and Init.png

I too would love to see a chart like this for the same exact situation.  Sales + pipeline = total sales.  And there should be different colors for the two different fields (i.e. sales and pipeline).

Hi @danielvt,

As mentioned before, we can only display one field value in a gauge visual, it's not supported to plot two fields values. Because we can only place one field in Value property:

q1.PNG

To work around the issue, you can create a calculated column to return total value of confirmed and upcoming sales volume, then place this field in Value property.

Or place upcoming sales volume in Tooltips property. When hovering on the visual, it will display upcoming value.

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors