Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

toyolexparvi
Frequent Visitor

Radar Chart

Hi,

I'm trying to plot a radar chart similar to this one from the native visual documentation. (GitHub - microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-RadarChart: Repo for Power BI Radar Chart custom visual)

toyolexparvi_0-1624019060084.png

The problem I'm facing is that the KPIs I'd like to use as categories are in different measures, not in tables as the documentation indicates.

toyolexparvi_1-1624019431068.png

Another option I found, is using the MAQ Software Radar Chart. I could use the separate measures in this version, but I'd need to create a new table for Actual and Planned. It seems to me that this is an inverse approach compared to the native visual. 

toyolexparvi_2-1624019706911.png

Anyway, first I would like to know what would be the preferable way of accomplishing this.

Also, in the native option, I think I'd need to convert the measures to a new table. Am I correct? Column 1 = KPIs, column 2 = Planned and Column 3 = Actual. Something like this:

toyolexparvi_3-1624020628581.png

(This image is not my data. It's from a similar question I found on the forum. Solved: Creating a column in a new table with measure valu... - Microsoft Power BI Community)

And in the second option, would I have to create a table for Planned and Actual instead of Company and link it somehow to the measures? Probably having to convert to a table too?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @toyolexparvi ;

You could create a new table as follows:

radarChart1 = var _a=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","ISC","Planned",SUM('Meta ISC'[meta_isc]),"Actual",AVERAGE('Detalhe de Vendas'[ISC]))
var _b=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","ACESSORIOS","Planned",SUM('Meta AC'[meta_tktac]),"Actual",[tktm ac])
var _c=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","FIN.EXTERNO","Planned",SUM('Meta Fin Ext'[meta_fext]),"Actual",[fext %])
var _d=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","EMPLACAMENTO","Planned",SUM('Meta Emplacamento'[meta_emplac]),"Actual",[emplacamento %])
var _e=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","SEGURO","Planned",SUM('Meta Seguro'[meta_seguro]),"Actual",[seguro %])
var _f=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","CAPTACAO","Planned",SUM('Meta Captacao'[meta_capt]),"Actual",[captacao %])
var _g=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","VOLUME","Planned",SUM('Meta Vendedores'[meta]),"Actual",[VENDAS])
var _h=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","MG MEDIA","Planned",[margem x tkt_medio],"Actual",[MG MÉDIA])
return UNION(_a,_b,_c,_d,_e,_f,_g,_h)

The final output is shown below:(and as we can see, I used the formula in your blue box, but the numerical result is different from yours)

vyalanwumsft_0-1624327974850.png

Then if we create a radar chart ,Because the difference between these numbers is too large (for example, from 0.085-14378), the display of the radar chart will not be obvious, as follows:

vyalanwumsft_1-1624328037199.png

However, if there is no significant difference between our data, the radar chart will be more successful. For example, when we use some of the data, the effect of building a radar chart is as follows:

vyalanwumsft_2-1624327442065.pngvyalanwumsft_3-1624327482400.png

So, I think you can take my approach and modify the data a little bit to make the radar chart  more beautiful.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @toyolexparvi ;

You could create a new table as follows:

radarChart1 = var _a=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","ISC","Planned",SUM('Meta ISC'[meta_isc]),"Actual",AVERAGE('Detalhe de Vendas'[ISC]))
var _b=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","ACESSORIOS","Planned",SUM('Meta AC'[meta_tktac]),"Actual",[tktm ac])
var _c=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","FIN.EXTERNO","Planned",SUM('Meta Fin Ext'[meta_fext]),"Actual",[fext %])
var _d=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","EMPLACAMENTO","Planned",SUM('Meta Emplacamento'[meta_emplac]),"Actual",[emplacamento %])
var _e=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","SEGURO","Planned",SUM('Meta Seguro'[meta_seguro]),"Actual",[seguro %])
var _f=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","CAPTACAO","Planned",SUM('Meta Captacao'[meta_capt]),"Actual",[captacao %])
var _g=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","VOLUME","Planned",SUM('Meta Vendedores'[meta]),"Actual",[VENDAS])
var _h=SUMMARIZE('Meta ISC',"kpi","MG MEDIA","Planned",[margem x tkt_medio],"Actual",[MG MÉDIA])
return UNION(_a,_b,_c,_d,_e,_f,_g,_h)

The final output is shown below:(and as we can see, I used the formula in your blue box, but the numerical result is different from yours)

vyalanwumsft_0-1624327974850.png

Then if we create a radar chart ,Because the difference between these numbers is too large (for example, from 0.085-14378), the display of the radar chart will not be obvious, as follows:

vyalanwumsft_1-1624328037199.png

However, if there is no significant difference between our data, the radar chart will be more successful. For example, when we use some of the data, the effect of building a radar chart is as follows:

vyalanwumsft_2-1624327442065.pngvyalanwumsft_3-1624327482400.png

So, I think you can take my approach and modify the data a little bit to make the radar chart  more beautiful.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have a similar requirement to create a Radar (we know it as TADPOLE) but our data is transposed, where we have the Primary field as the project name (200 or so projects) and 7 variables against each project.  Data is very simple, but is pulled from a much larger table.  Below is a basic extract for 2 projects, we will be using a slicer to select an individual project as part of an overall project review so would end up with 2 different radars, depending upon which project we were reviewing.  It's easy in Excel, but I can't get it to show anything but a straight line in Power BI

MitieFred_0-1624982727592.png

Project NameTechApplDataProcessOrgLoc'nEnv
Digital Supplier2233441
EUC & Networks2341232

Any suggestions gratefully received

Regards

Fred

Thank you very much. You're my hero. 😁

The difference between our data is that mine was filtered by salesperson and first quarter of 2021.

toyolexparvi_0-1624451183299.png

I'll now try to figure out how to link the radarChart1 to my date table and salespeople IDs.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @toyolexparvi ;

you could try calculate table using dax. SUMMARIZE() and UNION() more suitable for you.  then use Radar Chart , KPIs as category, Planned and Actual as Y-axis. 

vyalanwumsft_0-1624250132362.png

If it doesn’t solve your problem, can you share more about your data model or a simple sample .pbix without any sesentive information.

Best Regards,

Hi, @v-yalanwu-msft 

Thanks. Yes, I can share. This is a training project with no sensitive data.

I don't even know if it's possible, but considering what you said, I would need to achieve this following table, right? However, many measures have different calculations, and some are fixed values. Is it possible to put together theses values in a table? 

toyolexparvi_0-1624285911219.png

I inserted the blue columns just to show you the sources quickly.

https://grupoparvi-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/matheus_thome_parvi_com_br/EbQa9RAKiXZIntAzQ0KEg...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.