Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LinkeLoutje
Regular Visitor

Race progress visualisation

Hi, 

I'm curious whether someone has already tried to visualize race progress based on lap times. I'd like to create a similar effect as with the scatterplot/bubble chart, where in this case the bubbles race each other to the end based on the lap times in between. 

The dilemma I'm facing is the following:

I'd like the bubbles to start and finish at the exact same place. If I'd use the x-axis for distance this could be the case, however that would mean that the time is on a Y-axis and due to the time differences they will not end up at the exact same spot. 

Any ideas on how this effect can be achieved? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @LinkeLoutje,

I have made tests, it maybe impossible for us to achieve the bubbles to start and finish at the exact same place in a scatter chart.

Beside, You may have a try with custom visual  impact bubble chart.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm afraid so. At least it seems impossible to create the chart without advanced calculations first. For example estimating the % finished on specific time intervals. Slower progress means more intervals and datapoints, which might make the chart behave as intended. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.