Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SUBL
Frequent Visitor

ROLLING SUM Based on Months in 445 Fiscal Calendar - PLEASE HELP

This has stumped me for hours now. My company runs on a 445 fiscal calendar and I cannot get my monthly rolling sum to continue based on date because my fiscal months are 445. In other words, each month begins 3/4 of the way through the month  prior. For example, the fiscal month of September started on August 22nd and will end on September 25th. 

What can I do to get a rolling sum that begins on the first day of the fiscal month and continues to the end of the fiscal month ignoring the actual date changes from one calendar month to the next? See sample data below:

SUBL_0-1631644138089.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@SUBL Maybe this will help you create a custom 445 Calendar. then use it as a reference for runningtotal.

It will help if you upload a sample data showing how exactly your calendar should be. As well as the desired running total

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SUBL ,

Can you create a fiscal date column and calculate ROLLING SUM based on this column?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Fcoatis
Post Patron
Post Patron

@SUBL This might help: Link 

Regards

SUBL
Frequent Visitor

I'm still struggling with this. Anyone have a magic DAX expression or a couple lines of M-language to write a custom solution?

@SUBL Maybe this will help you create a custom 445 Calendar. then use it as a reference for runningtotal.

It will help if you upload a sample data showing how exactly your calendar should be. As well as the desired running total

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.