Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alderete-tomas
Frequent Visitor

RLS working halfway

I have a report published a few months ago. It never showed an error with RLS applied to data, but now it has. I'm trying to understand why it doesn't filter the data.

The first picture shows two filtering branches, one (right side) for the data and the other (left side) for pages (recently added). The problem occurs with the right side: as you can see in the first picture, logging in with an email, it returns a single "Grupo Ceco" but this doesn't filter the next tables containing the same register.
To be more precise: I need to filter using the Userprincipalname, returning a single "Grupo CeCo", then I get several "CeCo" translated to "Centro de Costo" in the actual model data. But as you can see, it is not happening. Opposite to what's happening with the page filtering, which clearly does the same: Userprincipalname return a "GrupoPage" then I get a "Grupo" to get "Acceso" to a page.

I've tried deleting this last role (Page Filtering), and the problem with the right side remains.
What is it then?

Modelo.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2022-12-05 232151.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alderete-tomas ,

This has been confirmed as an known issue, the ID is 339609993. If there is any progress, I will come back and update .

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

alderete-tomas
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution, and maybe it was kinda logic...
There just must be a single one table containing all email addresses, and it joins to two other tables one for Pages filtering and other for Date Filtering, applying security filter on both ways between them.

alderetetomas_0-1670587604640.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alderete-tomas
Frequent Visitor

I found a solution, and maybe it was kinda logic...
There just must be a single one table containing all email addresses, and it joins to two other tables one for Pages filtering and other for Date Filtering, applying security filter on both ways between them.

alderetetomas_0-1670587604640.png

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alderete-tomas ,

This has been confirmed as an known issue, the ID is 339609993. If there is any progress, I will come back and update .

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.