Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS users list from Power bi service

Hi All,

I would need a help in extracting all the users assigned to a specific RLS role in power bi service i...I do know that we can have an approach of DRLS ....However , I need help for the current situation .

Regards,

Husna

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you assign roles to users? Direct to users or security groups?

AFAIK, current power bi to include features to direct export these. If they are from a group, you can use correspond o365 API to export these group members.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft Hey i have assigned the individual user to the respective role in power bi service... and have AAD security group for authorization of users .

So  you mean to say if i create a group i will be able to export the user list?? Since my dashboard has more than 14 roles each role has different users with respect to region ...What do you suggest on this scenario if i want to extract the list of users in each role.

Regards,

Husna

Hi @Anonymous,

So you mean to export the user list with the corresponding role from power bi?
If that is the case, currently you can only get the list from the group, power bi rest API seems not to include the feature to check user roles.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.