Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

raasrini
Frequent Visitor

RLS:table filter DAX expression- possible to give multi values

Hi ,

Is it possible to add multiple values to the Table Filter Dax expression in Mange Roles -RLS. eg: I would like to give [Country]="United States","Canada".  I tried add filter and Gave in the Format [Country]="United States" && [Country]="Canada" and that doesn't seem to work either though there is no error while validation, but when I try to use Test as Role, I see nothing.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Raaju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

[Country]="United States" && [Country]="Canada" would translate as "[Country] must simultaneously have both the values 'United States' and 'Canada'" which is logically impossible for a single field to do. You need to use an OR operator, not AND. [Country]="United States" || [Country]="Canada"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sivakumar_H
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,
You can also write as IN {"United States", "Canada"}

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

[Country]="United States" && [Country]="Canada" would translate as "[Country] must simultaneously have both the values 'United States' and 'Canada'" which is logically impossible for a single field to do. You need to use an OR operator, not AND. [Country]="United States" || [Country]="Canada"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes you are right. It works. Thanks a lot 🙂 I tried the default add filter option and not sure what can be capable with this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.