Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kamalbandam
Helper III
Helper III

RLS not working

Hi Everyone,

I have created two roles as Manager and Non Manager where I have assigned some of the people to Manager and Non Manager. After I have assigned people to the Power BI service and tested as a role using the email Id but it is not working. Even the Non manager is able to see all the data.

Can anyone please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak ,

Manager will see all the regions data but Non Manager will not see the Region "East" data and a person abc@gmail.com has been assigned to the Non Manager data in the power bi service. So, when I try to check using Test as role with abc@gmail.com , I am able to see the east data too.

Please find the below images:

kamalbandam_0-1599547616992.pngkamalbandam_1-1599547628909.png

@kamalbandam - Would need to see your RLS rules and such. Have you been following something like this:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Dynamic-Hierarchical-Row-Level-Security/m-p/...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler  I have been using static RLS not the dynamic

Hi @kamalbandam,

Perhaps you can add a mapping table to set username and their roles(manage/non manage) and apply a filter on this field. You can take a look at the following link about RLS with username if helps.

RLS with UserName() 

If you still confused about coding formula, please provide some dummy data and expected results to help us clarify your structure and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaxoin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@kamalbandam - Might want to rethink that. Generally if you are using USERPRINCIPAL name or email address to to the RLS, you want it to be dynamic.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.