Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

RLS for different companies

Hi guys, i`n using power BI for almost 1 year and working with some companies with that, totallizing 40 users in all of them.

The biggest problem that i have is about the RLS of the cubes.... and i need to solve it or i will need another business intelligence tool in the future.

I have one cube who contains data from the sellers, for extract the data, i`n using ODBC and SQL Firebird 2.54 to connect with the database.

The problem is: The same .PBI File is used for all my companies, but each company have their own RLS, for that i need replicate the same .PBI for each company and change the RLS or delete them, this is VERY difficult if you have 5 or more companies! Each time i make one change or a new graphic in that file, i need to create from zero in each .PBI file.

5 companies, 5 times more work. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Power BI should be better than this. Serious.

Idk how i can turn that more automatically, please, some admin can help me?
I was thinking to go to the power bi embedded, but this will make some custormers unhappy because they cant change the graphs there.

I can`t go to 100 users now because this is too much painful for maintance.

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@brunozanoelo,

I'm not very sure about your problem. You may take a look at dynamic row level security.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.