Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnnaMagnusson
Helper I
Helper I

RLS for all but a specific AD group

Hi!

I have a calculated column that only persons in a specific AD group should see, and then be hidden for the others. The rest of the report should be visible to all.

The AD group is Marketing and I have a calculated column called "Not Marketing" or "Marketing" (in the table where I have the column that only they should see) and I want that when the column shows "Marketing", the marketing AD group can see it, and when "Not Marketing" everyone can see it.

How do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AnnaMagnusson , is this field available in a dimension that is filtering your fact? Then you can join with RLS table having email and this column. and apply RLS based on userprincipalname

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PBI_Helpline
Helper I
Helper I

Not an actual column level security, but same like Page Level access, you can setup a column level personalization, keeping in mind that your should never give a build permision on your data model, otherwise it will be exposed,
below is a workaround using new Field parameter and USERPRINCIPALNAME() to hide and show columns in a table visual based on logged-in users.

Check it out-
COLUMN LEVEL ACCESS IN POWER BI USING FIELD PARAMETER

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AnnaMagnusson , is this field available in a dimension that is filtering your fact? Then you can join with RLS table having email and this column. and apply RLS based on userprincipalname

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors