Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS fails when using table with multiple relationships

Hello all

My Report has sensible sale values for all users. There is an User-Slicer to select the user and show only the values of him.

Now we wanted to add RLS roles so that every user only sees his values, and a manager only the values of his team.

The issue im facing now is, that i get a error message when showing report as role. (Multiple paths to another table)

Tables:

Employees

Employee_Targets (Shows targets per user per month)

MainSales (Report is based on most of the columns here)

My relationships are from Employee_Targets -> Employees, but to show the targets month-based i also needed a connection Employee_Targets -> MainSales via Month.

The issue is that MainSales already has a connection to Employees (via few other tables) and now there exist 2 ways from Employee_Targets to Employees.

I dont see a way without 2 relationships...

Serving sample data will be difficult. If there is an obvious fault i appreciate the hint.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you enable the option "Apply secunity filter in both directions"? Could you please share the screenshot of the error message to me?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft 

I read about "Apply security filter in both directions" but was unable to select it.

Cant check it in any relation, error: (Sorry for not beeing english, it says the used tables security is configured on row level)

1.PNG

The error im getting in my diagram when changing role:

2.PNG

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.