cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krajani Member

Re: RLS design & DAX rule suggestions

Hi Matt,

I would prefer a dynamic solution as my original report has 80 users, and I know that some of the other solutions that I am working on, have multiple groups and over 200 users, at variuos levels. This translates into a considerable chunk of maintenance work which I'd like to avoid, unless it could be automated. You reckon there's a way using PowerShell, or anyother mechanism, that we can automate the synchronisation of the the groups? 

As far as having one group per BU goes, as I want users associated to multiple BUs, be able to look at all of their BUs, I have created one single group with a DAX evaluating multiple BUs, effectively BU=1 || BU=2

Thanks
Kaz

Super User
Super User

Sorry, I've been busy. It seems to me that you have the data somewhere, so I assume this can be loaded into the data model. I would be then looking to leverage the username() function to give access or not. But you would need to test it of course. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
krajani Member

Thanks for getting back to me @MattAllington, I have rolled the solution out for UAT. I have leveraged UserName() DAX function and it works.

I was referring to adding indivual member in the list of users under Datasets > Security. 

Thanks

Kaz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 1,277 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: