cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krajani Member

Re: RLS design & DAX rule suggestions

Hi Matt,

I would prefer a dynamic solution as my original report has 80 users, and I know that some of the other solutions that I am working on, have multiple groups and over 200 users, at variuos levels. This translates into a considerable chunk of maintenance work which I'd like to avoid, unless it could be automated. You reckon there's a way using PowerShell, or anyother mechanism, that we can automate the synchronisation of the the groups? 

As far as having one group per BU goes, as I want users associated to multiple BUs, be able to look at all of their BUs, I have created one single group with a DAX evaluating multiple BUs, effectively BU=1 || BU=2

Thanks
Kaz

Super User
Super User

Sorry, I've been busy. It seems to me that you have the data somewhere, so I assume this can be loaded into the data model. I would be then looking to leverage the username() function to give access or not. But you would need to test it of course. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Highlighted
krajani Member

Thanks for getting back to me @MattAllington, I have rolled the solution out for UAT. I have leveraged UserName() DAX function and it works.

I was referring to adding indivual member in the list of users under Datasets > Security. 

Thanks

Kaz