Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

W33628
Frequent Visitor

RLS based on multiple columns

I have a mapping table that maps Users  to the IDs that they have access to in my report. I then join this table to my main table in Power BI and then set up a role for my Row Level Security. This works great.

But now I need the security based on the possiblity of that ID in multiple columns on each row. For example if any of the 3 ID fields is 567, the person with access to that ID can see all of those rows. So basically it needs to be if ID=567 or ID2=567 or ID3=567. However, in Power BI I can only join my mapping table on 1 column. Is there a way to do this?

Example of Mapping Table

User                        ID

bob@gmail.com567
me@gmail.com789

Example of Data Table

Sales     ID     ID2   ID3

50 567789
5 REPLIES 5
SathyaG35
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same trouble. Any solutions on this?

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @W33628 ,

In your scenario, we cna use lookupvalue function to get ID from the first table, then use or function to filter the data.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi, 

I noticed you posted this answer can you please post any example code on how to handle it?

@TeigeGao 

Where would I put that function? Would it be built into the Role I have defined? Can you provide an example?

Hi All,

I also need solution for this. Can anyone help us ?

Regards,

Shiva

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.