Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sheidari
Frequent Visitor

RLS at the Team Level: Data Model and DAX

I am looking to set up RLS for team captains identified for 68 teams in a league.  Each team has 1 team captain and when that team captain logs into their dashboard, they should only see their entire team's results.  I've included the link to my sample PBI file. 

Team-Level RLS Sample 

I need help with two things:

1. What changes do i need to make to my data model to accommodate team-level security?
  2. What would be the most efficient DAX expression to use on a table filter under managing roles?

Ideally i'd like to set this up to be dynamic so if a team captain changes throughout the year, the model will pick it up.

Thanks,

Shahab

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

These are great for hierachy level RLS, but mine is just focused on team-level. If I am the team captain for team #3, I should be able to just see the transactions for team 3 (including all its players) and no other team.

SQLbyoBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

Do non-captains have access to the model? if so, do they only see their own stats?

yes, non-captains have access to the model as well but only to their own data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.