Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kp_pbi
Frequent Visitor

RLS Working in Desktop, but in when embedded

Hi

I'm trying to use RLS for an embedded report.

We pass a "username" via the API, and when the report opens we get "Visuals cannot display" error on all visuals.

In Desktop everything works no problem.

The problem report only has one table, and the report itself is only a matrix and 2 tables.

To test I used a different data set, with far less data, and that works fine with exactly the same setup.

Any ideas.... ? Can it be that RLS has a data size limitation ?

Any ideas welcome.

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kp_pbi

What do you mean "pass a username via API"? 

Row Level Security supposes to take accessing Power BI account mapping into local domain user and apply row level filter defined in Role. There's no data size limitation for RLS. 

Regards,

We use Power BI embedded, and when we open the Dashboard Report from our app, we pass a variable with the token, called "username". In Power BI, we then set a DAX Filter for [field_name] = username()

We have that setup for a few reports, some work, some don't - and there is no difference between them, so I'm trying to find the reason why some work and some don't. Any ideas ... ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.