Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS - Role Security based on multiple values

Hi,

We are trying to make roles based on different options:

Business is running in several countries and have 3 different business lines (A, B, C). Users, based on their role should be able to see n countries and n business units or all. 
Example:

UserCountryBusiness Unit
AESA
AFRB
BITALL
CESB
CFRA
DALLA

We would like to have a dynamic filter based on the user connected (USERPRINCIPALNAME()) but at the moment we struggle to have the expression correctly to be able to select more than one value.

Could you please help us getting the right expression so if user A connects is able to see countries ES, FR and Business units A and B??

Thanks and kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my research, you need to create a table with user email address and create relationship with your data table, then use the USERNAME() function to filter the RLS data in your Power BI Desktop, you could refer to below blog:

http://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-power-bi-made-simple

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft, thanks for your answer.

The problem I see here is that you would need another table with unique values to be able to relate it with the masterdata.

My ideal solution would be to be able to do a dynamic call to the security table where I could get the related restrictions.

Let me know if I need to give further clarification 🙂

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, did you find any relevant solution?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.