Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

RLS Implementation Issue - Need Help

Hello Champions, 

I need to implement RLS and have data in below format

Table1 is Site Master table which has all the sites Id and Site Name (only unique entries and master table which is connected to all other fact table)

RLS1.JPG

Table2 has each user name with their email ID and Site ID which they have access to

RLS2.JPG

When i create the role and write below dax, i am getting error because multiple site ids are returning which is expected =Table1'[Site Id]=LOOKUPVALUE(Table2[SiteID],Table2[UserName],USERPRINCIPALNAME())

As per the requirement, Single site will be mapped to multiple user and Single user is having access to multiple sites as shown in above data.

I am unable to form the data model/DAX to achieve the above scenario, ideally it has to happen in Azure Analysis Service , we are conencting Power BI to AAS using Live connection, but even if someone can help me understand in Power BI , i will try to replicate in AAS.

Please let me know if someone has already implemented this kind of scenario.

Really Appreciate your help and support, Thank you !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.