Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RLS Glitch

I have noticed that, anytime i drill to wrong data/report, Power BI let me, i was expecting the system should give an error massage (security alert) then take me back to choose the right data path. this will always Happen after RLS or any sort of filter applied. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help, still help with my questions 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

@Anonymous wrote:

I have noticed that, anytime i drill to wrong data/report, Power BI let me, i was expecting the system should give an error massage (security alert) then take me back to choose the right data path. this will always Happen after RLS or any sort of filter applied. 

Could you please explain more about "wrong data/report"?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jimmy

What i am trying to Say, i have setup a mutiple record on powerbi service with cross report drillthough capability, This Mutiple records share thesame Dataset. 

I applied RLS on the main Dataset that control the three Reports ristricting users to diffrent views base on there Roles.

But something i have noticed while performing this Cross-Report Drillthrough functionality.

Example

i have three top level Categories 

Named:

Curricumlum

Person

Admmissions

as shown in the image Sample 1.

this three Cats are located in Summry report whic is separated report from the Above named report. 

Now i want to drill to curriculum report. 

when i right-click on curriculum as shown in the image Sample 1.

on the drillthrough list i saw other reports as expected. 

Rather than selecting Curriculum from the list, i mistakingly select Person Record 

as shown in the image Sample 1.

Expected: i should get and error massge telling me i have choose a wrong report or smething to let me know, so i can correct my selection.

Sample 1.png

Actual Result: i found out that the system Automatically took me to right report which i think its amazing. it could have been better if taking me to the right are 100% good job but as shown in the image Sample 2Depite the fact i was in the right report. when i wanted to use a drillthrough from the report i can see that, the wrong report i choose from Ealier shows up (as shown in the image Sample 2) on the drillthrough menu. which i belief its really confusing 

Sample 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.