Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schuffa
Advocate II
Advocate II

RLS - Allow user to toggle between different roles e.g. via slicer?

Dear all,

I have a report using RLS with multple roles - eg. one role for global access to a specific customer, another for geographical restricted access (e.g. one region - but no access restriction on customer). There are users which have access in both roles (e.g. Sales leader working in one region, but additionally taking care about one global key account).

What I would like to offer to the user is to toogle between the both views - dependant on the reporting need he has at the moment qorking with the PowerBI report. So is there a possibility to allow the user to toogle between the different RLS roles he is member in?

Best regards,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @v-shex-msft

thanks for your quick reply. I checked multiple other options, but finally really want to give the user the freedeom of choice while running the report to toggle between the RLS roles he is member in. As this seems currently not be possible, I posted now an idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35736157-rls-allow-user-to-toggle...

Thanks & best regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schuffa,

>>So is there a possibility to allow the user to toogle between the different RLS roles he is member in?

Nope, You can't use slicer to dynamic control roles of user.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you create dynamic roles based on username or manually manually manage user roles(remove current role and dispatch other role to users on service)

Power BI – Dynamic Row Level Security – Tips to get it working!

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

HI @v-shex-msft

thanks for your quick reply. I checked multiple other options, but finally really want to give the user the freedeom of choice while running the report to toggle between the RLS roles he is member in. As this seems currently not be possible, I posted now an idea:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35736157-rls-allow-user-to-toggle...

Thanks & best regards,

Andreas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.