Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kintela
Helper II
Helper II

RELATED Function does not shows me the related tables

Hi
I have a Projects table related with the Employees table. So one employee can be the group leader in many projects. The relation is between Projects.GroupLeader field and Employees.ID field
In the Products table i'm trying to add a new column to show the name of the group leader using this

Group leader = RELATED(Employees[Name]) but this does not works. In fact the intellisense of RELATED does not shows me the Employees table.

Any idea please?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

By the look of it, it seems disabled.

Kindly check what kind of error you are getting when you trying to active it ? Double click on relationship and below will appear

Active Relationship.png

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I have an active one-to-many relationship between two tables and the Related() function doesn't seem to think the tables are related and the intellisence fails too. I could use LookupValue(), but that shouldn't be necissary. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw on another site the following thing, that is crucial for the Function Related. Related only works in ONE direction.

Related has to be in Table 1 of the 1:many relation. It does not work in the other direction.

Not sure if im allowed to post an external link. If so please delete the link. Otherwise have a look here

http://theexcelclub.com/dax-power-pivot-power-bi-ssas-related-and-relatedtable/

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this problem too - the relationship has been created and is active, however the error message says there is no such table or no such relationship.

The intellisense does not pop up with any tables, unlike other DAX functions.

Please help!!!

I have this same thing in Power Pivot.  The relationship IS established, and it IS active.  And I cannot invoke this function and link any column from one table to the other.

This is kind of a deal killer for your product, Microsoft.  An internet search is suggesting that many people are having this problems and there are no answers.  I am shocked that they could allow such a gaping hole in their otherwise advanced product.  

Same thing here, doing it in Power Pivot.  Relationship established, checked that it is Active... nothing.

This is kind of a deal killer, Microsoft.  I'm shocked that they allow such a basic problem to occur in their product given it has such advanced capabilities... and internet searches suggest many are having this problem and answers are not forthcoming.

gbortz
Regular Visitor

Hi 

I am struggling to get the table tpo work..am working through tutorials , have followed all the tracks on problem lists. Does it not depend on thre direction ie your beginning table where you start the related instruction. I notice it works the one way but not the other ie from the Many to one side.

All the connections arer active and ticks are in place so the advice given thereon did not help

The related table intellisense is not picking up the tables I set up in the manage relationships screen. It seems the joins are direction dependent, I set up bidirectional links but it does not seem to work. I need 2 links ie to go from a stock table through an InvoiceLines table to An Invoice table. The stock table relates to the Invoice lines table through a Stock Id. The invoice lines table related to the Invoice table via an Invoice ID.  The stock table has the Registration Date of the Car. The Invoice table has the Sales Price. I need the difference between the registration  date and the Invoice Date , I need to do this in IN THE STOCK TABLE ie Weeks In Stock = DATEDIFF([RegistrationDate],RELATED(Invoices[InvoiceDate]),WEEK) and Related wont pick up Invoices table.

I did try write an eqation in InvoiceLines ( the middel table) referencencing cols in Stock and cols in Invoice Table (ie tables on either side)  and it works so it seems the join is only in one direction. These equations come direrct out of Adam Aspin's book Pro Power Desktop, so could his equations be wrong ie they wont work... Chapter 9 , page 275 

Many Thanks

Graham

FarhanAhmed1984
Resolver III
Resolver III

That means there is no relationship between those tables. Kindly check if relationship exists or not?

Relationship table.png

If there is no relationship create one between Employees and Project by clicking Manage Relationship from Home TabCreate Relationship.png

captura.jpg

This is my relationship

By the look of it, it seems disabled.

Kindly check what kind of error you are getting when you trying to active it ? Double click on relationship and below will appear

Active Relationship.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Push - please have a look into this. Still does not work.

Sorry but I don´t understand why in this case that I have this relationships

captura.jpg

When I try to create a new column in "Proyectos" when I use RELATED(... I don't see the table "Contratos".

regards

Kintela, was this solved? I am having same issue.  Intellisense isn't picking up the columns in related tables, even though active relationships exist.

Am trying to complete lesson 6 of Microsoft's AdventureWorks tutorial, by creating a calculated column in Product table that imports column values from Product Subcategory and Product Category.   https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh231703.aspx

you can see relationships exist between Product tablesyou can see relationships exist between Product tables

Have same problem with related formula.

Intelisence wont pick up defined active relationship.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors