cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrueBluex2
Frequent Visitor

RANKX works with some measures, not with others

I am building a Power BI Report that ranks account managers on each of a number of metrics, including Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) supported, number of clients supported, number of clients lost, MRR lost, etc.  I can rank MRR supported by all clients, and also rank it by Account Manager (page one in the linked PBIX).  The linked PBIX is a small file with dummy data.

I am not able to get RANKX to work when I do it on the count of clients, which is a measure that includes countrows (page 2 of the linked PBIX below).  Can someone assist?

https://rsharepoint-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ed_comer_ricoh-usa_com/ESoqIEXzwHVFswn_zk_dg8EB... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TrueBluex2 ,

Chage the measure to the below:

Rank Client Count = CALCULATE (RANKX ( ALL ( Clients[Account Manager] ), CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS( Clients) )))

And I test ,successful:

v-luwang-msft_0-1623305475161.png

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TrueBluex2 ,

Chage the measure to the below:

Rank Client Count = CALCULATE (RANKX ( ALL ( Clients[Account Manager] ), CALCULATE ( COUNTROWS( Clients) )))

And I test ,successful:

v-luwang-msft_0-1623305475161.png

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

That worked!  Thank you!

Please mark your post as solved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors