Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Henrik_99
Resolver I
Resolver I

RANKX - SKYLINE Chart in Power BI Desktop

Hi

In reference to https://datamonkeysite.com/2016/10/05/completion-skyline-template/ I need assistance to modiy the RANKX formula to allow filtering.

In this example you need to select both Precom or Commissioning and  SEPARABLE_PORTION if the skyline shall work properly.

However I need to get a total overview of all subsystems without filtering, they shall collapse to the buttom of the chart. I`ve tried several cases to get the subsystems to re-rank without selection. No luck.

Secondly it should be possible to select Precom or Commissioning phase e.g. collapse to the buttom of the chart. It should cover these 2 scenario.

Hopefully someone can help:)

Many thanks.

Cheers

H.

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Henrik_99,

Please share some sample data/pbix file with expected result to help us clarify your data structure and requirement.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin

As figure1 below shown, you should be able to select discipline, all discipline and/or milestones.

Fig1.JPG

If you select more disciplines you get following scenario;

Fig2.JPG

Here are the Daxs;

Skyline WORKORDER = IF( ISCROSSFILTERED(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[RNK]);if(COUNTROWS(values(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[WORK_NO]))=1;VALUES(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[WORK_NO]);[Skyline WORKORDER Date]))

Skyline WORKORDER Date = IF( ISCROSSFILTERED(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[RNK]);BLANK();if(COUNTROWS(values(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[WE]))=1 ;FORMAT(VALUES(RV_PROFILER_PO_HAO_VIEW[WE]);"dd-mmm-yy");BLANK()))

RNK = RANKX(FILTER(ALL(RV_6101_PO_HAO_PROCOSYS);[WE]=EARLIER([WE])&&[DISCIPLINE]=EARLIER([DISCIPLINE]));
RV_6101_PO_HAO_PROCOSYS[WONO]; ;1 ;DENSE)

Can I send PBIX as well...?

Regards

Henrik

Hi @Henrik_99,

Based on research with that sample file, it seems like him use multiple conditions and complex filter to force replace display value to achieve skyline chart in matrix.

In my opinion, it is not suitable to use matrix to achieve these requirement, because of every time you add new data and fields, you need to manually modify these filters to fit new records and replace unmatched records. Basically you need have enough experience on row contents and dax formula, you know how to use conditions to locate records and summary level which need to be replaced.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.