Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

spencer_II
Helper I
Helper I

RANKX Not Working

Okay... have spent a few hours in forumns reviewing a myriad of patterns for RankX. Basic, advanced, using filters, AllSelected, ETC, ETC and still my table shows 1's for every line. I have built similar tables and had zero issues with rankx. The only thing different on this table is instead of fixed date ranges (i.e. last 12, last 6, etc.) these are actual MONTH Date fields for last 12 calendar months. I have to believe this is a major factor in every row showing 1 as rank. There will either be a date slicer or the visual will be "prefiltered" to the last 4 months in the final version.

What am I missing that is preventing this from working???

Any help, as usual, is always appreciated.

SMG

Got a little closer using the following, BUT still not working exactly:

EQ Rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('PQ BI Data'),CALCULATE(sum('PQ BI Data'[[EQ]]]),ALLEXCEPT('PQ BI Data','PQ BI Data'[Size Range],'PQ BI Data'[Descript Final])),,DESC,Dense)

EQ Rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED('PQ BI Data'),CALCULATE(sum('PQ BI Data'[[EQ]]]),ALLEXCEPT('PQ BI Data','PQ BI Data'[Size Range],'PQ BI Data'[Descript Final])),,DESC,Dense)

AND SOLVED... Love it when the answer is finally discovered.  Here is the fix///

EQ Vol Rank = If(HASONEVALUE('PQ BI Data'[Descript Final]),Rankx(all('PQ BI Data'[Descript Final]),[Total EQ]) )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @spencer_II,

AND SOLVED... Love it when the answer is finally discovered.  Here is the fix///

EQ Vol Rank = If(HASONEVALUE('PQ BI Data'[Descript Final]),Rankx(all('PQ BI Data'[Descript Final]),[Total EQ]) )

Great to hear the problem got resolved!

To close this thread, and help others who may also have this similar issue easily find the answer, I have quoted your solution and marked it as answer. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @spencer_II,

Great to hear the problem got resolved!

To close this thread, and help others who may also have this similar issue easily find the answer, I have quoted your solution and marked it as answer. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.