Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zflory
Helper I
Helper I

RANKX 1-25

Hello

Very new user here with a question. I am trying to get a constant 1-25 ranking down the left hand side of this data table. That way, if I sort by either Volume or Plant Margin by Volume, the numbers 1-25 will still be in descending order down the left hand side and the accounts will change (based on Volume or Plant Margin by Volume). Can anyone assist? This is the DAX I have come up with so far

Rank = RANKX('Customer',[$/volume 2017],,DESC)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @zflory,

For your scenario, you can add a rank column to calculate the rank, then drag this to visual level filter, switch to advanced mode with 'is less than or equal to' and input 25 as filter range.

BTW, calculated column not works with slicer and filter, if you want to achieve the dynamic rank or effect with other filters, you need to use measure to instead.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

I have to admit that I do not understand what you are looking for. Please prepare an Excel file with sample data, and also the expected result. Upload the file to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Maybe this link will also help
https://www.wiseowl.co.uk/blog/s2469/rankx-function.htm

Regards
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

The below data table is what I'm working with. I would like to have numbers 1-25 in descending order down the left side of the matrix. That way, when I sort by either Volume or Plant Margin by Volume, the numbers will stay in constant order (1-25) and I will be able to determine the top 25 customers (in order) or either of those metrics (Volume or Plant Margin by Volume). I apologize, I should have included the matrix in my original post

powerbi.PNG

Also, when doing my RANKX measure, is it only possible to use calculated columns in the expression argument of the measure? I am wanting to add volume from my orignnal data sheet in that argument, but Power BI is only letting me include calculated columns

Hi @zflory,

For your scenario, you can add a rank column to calculate the rank, then drag this to visual level filter, switch to advanced mode with 'is less than or equal to' and input 25 as filter range.

BTW, calculated column not works with slicer and filter, if you want to achieve the dynamic rank or effect with other filters, you need to use measure to instead.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.