Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

RAG color for Gauge Chart

Hello Everyone, 

If anyone has solve the below problem or implemented below case then please let me know:

Problem Statement:

Need R - Red, A- Amber and G- Green color in Gauge visualisation, color coding will be dependent on the values,

for ex: if target is less or equal to 30% then R, if greater than 30 and less or equal to 60% then A, if greater than 60% then green.

I have looked other answers and most suggested solution to use Custom Visual but i can't use custom visual

Data Source: Azure Analysis Service with Live Connection.

Please let me know if someone has achieved like this with Gauge visualisation, if not then what is the alternate or proposed solution to achieve (can go with other visualisation but AAS as data source with Live connection).

I hope the explaination is good enough to understand the problem statement, in case of any question with the problem statement please let me know.

Thank you for reading and your support 🙂 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chayanupadhyay,

>>if target is less or equal to 30% then R, if greater than 30 and less or equal to 60% then A, if greater than 60% then green.

Nope, current gauge chart not support these features.

For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you to conditional format feature to achieve your requirement:

Conditional Formatting in Power BI

Conditional Formatting for a matrix and table Power BI

Notice: current condition formula feature only works for specific visuals.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft for your response.

I am aware of the conditional fomatting available in Table and Matrix visualisation but just wondering if we can achieve this by doing any customizing at Power BI level or cube end (AAS tabular model).

One more question, can we achieve same thing in 100 % Stacked column chart? if yes then please guide me on this.

Thank you again !!!

P.S.: Please vote for this idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/32980939-conditional-formatting-i...

HI @chayanupadhyay,

>>One more question, can we achieve same thing in 100 % Stacked column chart? if yes then please guide me on this.

Based on test, 100% stacked column chart not support this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.