Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

R visuals in PowerBI: Your experiences and opinions

Hi all!

Background:

Ever since I started using PowerBI I have used nothing but PowerBI visuals (built-in and add-in's comminity catalogue). For the past year they've done me well and probably will do me well. The main thing I love about PowerBI's own visuals is just how easily they refresh and how compatible they are. You can look at a PowerBI report on almost every device, and if you have your refreshes set up properly everything is always up to date. In the last year I have started to use R outside of PowerBI and I'm starting to dig it a lot. I'm now considering using what I've learned in R in PowerBI using PowerBI's R visuals.

Problem/Question:

This is where I want to ask you all for help, or rather information. To all the people here that already have experience with R visuals in PowerBI, I would be very interested in knowing how they compare to Built-in visuals. Of course, you get more freedom/customizability, that's probably for granted. What I really want to know is wether or not these visuals have similar performance, do they work on most devices? Do they refresh just as well as any other visuals? These are the two main points I'm interested in before I start sinking time into this.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Carmichael
Resolver I
Resolver I

Probably a good place to start as lists known limitations. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-r-visuals

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Carmichael
Resolver I
Resolver I

Let me know how it goes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution if I did! Like it if it helped.  Appreciate the Kudos!!

Carmichael
Resolver I
Resolver I

Probably a good place to start as lists known limitations. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-r-visuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh that's a good resource, I'll def. take a good look at that, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.