Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

R visual data limitations

Hi, 

I'm testing to run an R script visual with Power BI. Everything is working fine, but I have a big doubt.

I know that there is a limitation of 150.000 rows per visual, but, what that really means?

The script loads data from .RData files, not from Power BI. I know that some of you will tell me that why I don't just use RStudio, but believe me that it as to be like that.

In my visual my dataset is composed only by measures with 

SELECTEDVALUE()

So the script is recalculated depending on the inputs of the user. 

So, my question is: 

The limitation is going to be a problem because it also afects the .RData files inside my script or no?

I tried to explain it as easy as I could, I hope you understood me.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @luxpbi

I just tested and the 150,000 row limitation only limits the number of rows you pass into the R visual through the "Values" well of the visual itself. I just read a csv of 300,000 rows and the R visual is able to consume all of the rows. So if I'm understanding correctly and you are connecting to data through your R visual, you will not have a limitation on the number of records consumed.

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @luxpbi

I just tested and the 150,000 row limitation only limits the number of rows you pass into the R visual through the "Values" well of the visual itself. I just read a csv of 300,000 rows and the R visual is able to consume all of the rows. So if I'm understanding correctly and you are connecting to data through your R visual, you will not have a limitation on the number of records consumed.

Hope this helps,

Parker

Everything is working fine in desktop. 

But I have problem when I upload it to the cloud, the script doen't found the path of the files because they are in local ... obiously. 

How can I solve this?

Hi @Anonymous,

That's just what I needed, I'm going to do the same test you did and if it works i'll accept your answer as accepted. 

Thank you very much for your prompt response. 

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.