Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

geekay

R script error - The system cannot find the path specified

I have the latest PowerBI desktop loaded on Win2008R2.

PowerBI automatically and correctly detected the R folder location as : C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.3

I have also made sure that the above R folder is in the PATH

I have a simple R script as below:

x<-1:11
hist(x)

The Error message  I get is:

Error Message:

R script error.
The system cannot find the path specified.

Stack Trace:

Invocation Stack Trace:

Error details
R script error.

Stack trace
Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ScriptHandlerException: R script error.
---> Microsoft.PowerBI.Radio.RScriptRuntimeException: R script error.

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Radio.RScriptWrapper.RunScript(String originalScript, Int32 timeoutMs)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.R.RScriptHandler.GenerateVisual(String script, String inputVariableName, IDataReader dataReader, Nullable`1 viewportWidthPx, Nullable`1 viewportHeightPx)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.R.RScriptHandler.GenerateVisual(String script, String inputVariableName, IDataReader dataReader, Nullable`1 viewportWidthPx, Nullable`1 viewportHeightPx)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ScriptVisualCommandFlow.RunInternal(Stream dataShapeResultStream, QueryBindingDescriptor& bindingDescriptor)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreServiceCommon.ScriptVisualCommandFlow.Run(Stream dataShapeResultStream, QueryBindingDescriptor& bindingDescriptor)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.SemanticQuery.ExecuteSemanticQueryFlow.TransformDataShapeResult(QueryCommand transformCommand, String dataShapeId, SemanticQueryDataShapeCommand command, Stream dataShapeResultStream, QueryBindingDescriptor& bindingDescriptor)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.SemanticQuery.ExecuteSemanticQueryFlow.ProcessAndWriteDataQuery(IQueryResultDataWriter queryResultDataWriter, DataShapeGenerationContext dsqGenContext, DataQuery query, ServiceErrorStatusCode& serviceErrorStatusCode)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.SemanticQuery.ExecuteSemanticQueryFlow.ProcessAndWriteSemanticQueryCommands(IQueryResultsWriter queryResultsWriter, ExecuteSemanticQueryRequest request, IConceptualSchema conceptualSchema)

Activity ID
b832ed01-aa73-ce0e-b460-9ec759b33f9e

Time
Fri Dec 25 22:55:54 PST 2015

Version
2.30.4246.281 (PBIDesktop)

1 REPLY 1
Avi_Sander
Employee
Employee

Hi Geekay -

Can you try the following workaround http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/R-script-unable-to-connect/m-p/12954/hig... .

I suspect this has to do with the location of the output data PBI uses for R.

Let us know if this works,

Thanks, Avi Sander (MS).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.