Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

R script error. Error in data.frame : Object not found Execution Halted

I am using the R script editor in Power BI. I selected the fields need for my visualization in the values section in the Visualization pane. When I ran the code to just sent test, I . got a message stating, "Can't display this visual. R Script error. Error in data.frame(Date, Tracking): object 'Date not found Execution halted.

Afterwards, I pasted the full code for my visualization and I got the same answer. I already tested the code in RStudio and it worked fine on that program. 

I'm unsure why Power BI is not detecting the columns in the data frame, because clearly the fields I selected are in the data frame generated by Power BI. How do I resolve this issue?

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 6.07.03 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please update the R version to supported version R 3.3.1, R 3.3.0, MRO 3.3.1, MRO 3.3.0, MRO 3.2.2 then test again.

If issue persists, please enable desktop trace log, repeat steps until error occurs, share trace log files with us.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have R-3.6.1 so I will un-install and download the versions you mentioned. Thanks for your quick response.

Best

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.